I personally had a job where I needed to paint my shop. I estimated that it would take me about 3-4 hours to paint the entire thing, including a second coat. That’s when I started looking into airless paint sprayer.
I ended up buying one and it only took me about 30 minutes to finish the entire shop! If you’ve got any projects like painting a shop, deck, patio or fence that you need to get done, an airless paint sprayer is the way to go. It is easy to use, quick to clean and the finished product looks great.
” How to Choose the Best Airless Paint Sprayer For The Money ? “. This is the question of many people who looking for the honest reviews before buying the airless paint sprayer.
I’ve narrowed down some of the best airless paint sprayer that you can consider, based on my own personal experience and customer reviews. After reading this guide, not only will you feel confident that you need to buy an airless paint sprayer, but you’ll know exactly which one is perfect for you.
If you have knowledge about airless paint sprayer, no need to read the brief reviews.
Let’s check Top rated best airless paint sprayer we picked:
When you start researching airless paint sprayers, you will quickly realize that there are dozens of them on the market. It can be a little overwhelming, so here are the top three models with brief descriptions on each.
Brief Reviews of Top Rated Airless Paint Sprayers
If you don’t work on a lot of painting projects every year, but still feel like a paint sprayer would benefit you, then the Graco Project Painter Plus could be a great option.
- The maximum tip size on this sprayer is .015”, which is good for enamels, primers and some interior paints. It sprays at a rate of .24 gallons of paint per minute, which is usually plenty for smaller projects.
- It is a compact machine and weighs just 10lbs. What I thought was really convenient was that it arrived fully assembled and ready to use right when I received it! Of course, it’s still best to read through the instruction manual to ensure that you know how to use it properly, but you can’t beat the convenience.
- The ideal projects that this paint sprayer can be used for include interior walls, ceilings, doors, fences and decks. It may be a little too small for exterior buildings like shops and fences that extend a long way, so be sure to keep that in mind. You can use just about any paints with this sprayer, but you cannot use block fillers, asphalt, texture-filled materials or solvent-based lacquers.
- This may be a smaller paint sprayer, but it still has some of the same great features that you’ll find on other larger models. I like that you can adjust the pressure on it and that it has a flexible suction tube that allows you to spray directly from either one-gallon or five-gallon paint buckets.
For a compact paint sprayer, this one functions very similarly to the Graco Magnum X5 and Graco Magnum X7 models, which are reviewed below. However, it’s still not going to be powerful enough to complete larger jobs. Any recreational DIY’er would appreciate having this paint sprayer in their shop to complete quick projects.
#2. Graco Magnum X5
Graco Magnum X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer is easy to use for small and medium size projects. It’s perfect for painting decks, fences and other objects of similar size. It is lightweight, easy to transport and requires very little maintenance before, during and after use. Consumers will never have to worry about priming the pump or losing pressure.
- Since it supports a maximum tip size of .015”, it is best for thin-to-medium paints. But it also sprays up to .27 gallons per minute, which is a pretty decent amount when compared to its overall size.
- If you need to use a thicker exterior paint, you may need to water the paint down a little bit to get the best results. It will spray stains, acrylics and heavy latex with ease, but it’s not good with solvent-based lacquers, texture-filled materials, asphalt and block fillers.
- With the PushPrime feature, you’ll never have to worry about losing pressure or having to prime it constantly. The only thing you have to do with this unit is paint !
- One thing to be aware of when using this paint sprayer is that it will lose suction occasionally when you get down to your last gallon or so of paint. If that happens, you can switch buckets and pour the remaining paint in the next one, or just use that extra paint for touching up. It is one of the very few flaws of this machine, but it’s pretty easy to overcome.
#3. Graco Magnum X7
When comparing this paint sprayer to the other two models that I’ve reviewed, this one packs the most punch.
- It has a large spray tip of .017”, which is good for primers, interior paints and some exterior paints. You can expect it to spray up to 0.31 gallons of paint per minute, which is a pretty good rate if you have larger projects to complete.
- It weighs around 26lbs, but it has a durable cart with wheels that makes it convenient to transport
- It is a great machine for painting interior surfaces, exterior patios, decks and fences.
- It includes the “Reverse-A-Clean” spray tip that will easily remove paint clogs that always happen when you use the sprayer for any length of time. When you hook up your water hose to clean the outside, you will literally have the entire machine cleaned in a matter of minutes.
- It’s important to note that this sprayer does not do well with solvent-based lacquers, texture-filled materials, block fillers and asphalt.
- But with a lot of power comes a little too much power at times. As a result, you should expect to have quite a bit of overspray when using this paint sprayer. You’ll have to prep your work area and cover everything that you don’t want to get paint on.
If you have a couple larger projects that require a bigger tip size, then the Graco Magnum 262805 X7 HiBoy Cart Airless Paint Sprayer is a great option. It may be a little too powerful for smaller projects, though, so keep that in mind. You might be better off with the Graco Magnum 262800 X5 if you have a variety of different sized projects to complete, but there definitely isn’t anything wrong with purchasing this one.
How to Choose the Best Airless Paint Sprayer for the money ?
Graco is one of the most popular brands of paint sprayers, and they actually have a product selector on their website.
I guarantee you will be satisfied with the one they recommend, but at the very least it will provide you with some features that are important to you and will help narrow down your search.
Here’s how to use the airless paint sprayer selector:
- Step 1: Select a Project (Interior Walls, Small Exterior, Large Exterior, Decks & Fences, Rental Properties or Commercial Buildings)
- Step 2: Select the Project Size (1-5 gallons, 6-12 gallons, 13-24 gallons or 25+ gallons)
- Step 3: Select Annual Usage (1-4 projects, 5-12 projects, 13-24 projects or 25+ projects)
- Step 4: View your recommendations from the product selector by clicking the “View Details” link under each product name. You can also compare all sprayers on the comparison chart, or use the product selector tool again.
( Source: http://magnum.graco.com/productselector/ )
You will notice that all three of the paint sprayers that we’ve reviewed may be recommended to you depending on the type of information that you input into the product selector. Once you confirm that these are the three best options for you, then you can make the decision as to which one is the perfect one for you!
How to Know Which Tip Size You Need ?
Arguably the most important part of any paint sprayer is the tip size.
For example, exterior paints would need a tip size from about .017” to about .021”, while stains could handle a tip size of .011” to .013”.
The fan width is also an important detail to take into consideration. If you have a large-scale project, you may choose to go with a 10” or a 12” fan width. But if you’re painting interior surfaces that aren’t extremely large, then a fan width between 4” to 8” should be sufficient.
Graco has a fantastic tool to help you determine which tip size you need. Most paint sprayers come with a standard tip, but you may need to purchase an additional one depending on the size of the project you have to complete.
In order to find the perfect tip size with the tip selector tool, follow these instructions;
- Step 1: Select the airless paint sprayer that you bought or will be buying ( Graco Magnum X5, Graco Magnum X7……)
- Step 2: Choose the project from the list provided ( Cabinets, Furniture, Deck, Ceilings, Interior Walls, Exterior Walls…..)
- Step 3: Select the type of paint or stain you will be using from the list provided (Interior Latex, Exterior Latex, Primer, Polyurethane……
- Step 4: Select the surface size of your project from the options provided ( 2 inch, 4 inch, 6 inch….)
- Step 5: View your recommended tips
( Source: http://magnum.graco.com/tipselector/ )
You can compare the tips and view details about them at the “RAC IV Spray Tip Info.” This link gives you detailed information about the tips that are recommended and how they will be helpful for your project.
My Honest Recommendation
If you need a recommendation to choose the best airless paint sprayer for home use, then I would suggest that you purchase the Graco Magnum X5 Airless Paint Sprayer.
It is perfect for the average homeowner to do just about any project around your house. You won’t find a better value in any other paint sprayer, which is why it’s one of the best paint sprayer. If you’ve read this far, then it’s time to make a decision and buy your airless paint sprayer today!