AUTEL is a New York based company specializing in the manufacture of diagnostics tools, equipment and accessories. They offer a complete line of basic OBD2 Scan Tools. They pay special attention in development of their products to meet the exact needs of their customers. You can contact them at: Contact@Autel.us
There are 4 main reasons that this product deserves to be considered by technicians and keen Do-It-Yourself drivers:
- NO language barrier. The languages supported include: English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Polish, Dutch, Bulgarian, Hungarian, Czech, Danish, Norwegian, Croatian, Portuguese, Romanian, Finnish, Turkish, Russian, Swedish, Serbian (You should note that apart from English, French and Spanish the other languages should be of at least 20 orders).
- Covers all 1996 and newer automobiles (OBDII & CAN) manufactured at home or imported from abroad.
- Cost free ONE year online update.
- Provided data on all modes of OBD2 diagnosis tests.
Recently I wanted to update my workshop tools and decided to get a new Scan Tool. I was specifically looking for something solid and reliable. A friend of mine who is a mechanic had an Autel AL519. So I called him round with his tool.
I gave it a real run and connected it to a 05Subaru STI and a 2013 Hyundai. It linked up great with no hitches what so ever. Also It had quite an eye catching look. Unfortunately on the next trial it failed out right. I tried to hook it with a 2002 vet and 2007 GMC pickup with no success. Finally after many attempts I made a call to Autel’s technical support team. They said with no hesitation that they are aware of the problem of compatibility of AL519 with the older models of GM vehicles. Something which should have been said in the first place.
However putting aside this hiccup on the whole I give it a 4.5 rating as a good professional scan tool with a reasonable price.
Having said that, Autel AL519 as a professional Scan Tools lacks some technical features which make you uncertain to go for the final purchase. Professional technicians look for additional ABS and SRS data from their diagnostic scanners.
For safety precautions these data readings are essential and there is a great demand for it. This is the feature that AL519 lacks and should be considered before purchase. However, ABS and SRS readings in comparison to engine light data are not essential but nonetheless important.
This is a standard Scan Tool of 4.5 rating with the usual features such a device should have:
- Works with all 1996 and newer cars manufactured domestically or imported.
- Includes the CD software and the USB cable on purchase.
- Free of charge updates of the software.
- Large LCD display (320*240 dpi).
- Independent battery system of type: 8-18 V.
Having made sure of the standard features of a Code Reader of this caliber you should look for special features that this tool promises. Here are some of these special features:
- All 10 modes of a complete OBD2 diagnosis are incorporated by AL519 OBDII/EOBD Scanner.
- Original One-Click I/M Key indicating the readiness of the emission system, plus O2 sensor test readings.
- TFT color display
- Fitted with in-built speaker informing you every 3 minutes that the engine is ready.
- Providing thousands of fix solutions to assist the technicians in the repair shop.
This is a decent all rounder scanner. AL519 OBDII/EOBD Scanner is easy to use and reasonably priced. Most of the customer reviews have mentioned its reliability and it will serve you for many years.
Things We Liked
- Provides basic data readings for beginners and advanced data required by professionals.
- It is manufactured in a firm style assuring its resilience for long term use.
- Appealing color monitor making data analyze more interesting.
- As it works with numerous protocols, car owners should rest assured that this tool will work on their cars too.
Things We Didn’t Like
- Unlike other professional scanners this model does not read ABS and SRS codes.However not all cars need such data.