Most people only use this type of chair after a major surgery or because a family member or loved one is unable to get around as easily as they used to.
Don’t let your loved one suffer in silence or not be able to get where they need to go. Please give them away the best lightweight wheelchair !
With a chair like this, anyone can easily be transported from place to place and still be comfortable. It is designed to be easy to use can be stored just about anywhere. This is perfect for going to doctor’s appointments, family gatherings, and anywhere else you need to go.
Here is a list of the top 3 best lightweight wheelchairs reviews by wheelchair users for 2016 and what their advantages and weaknesses are.
Wait, If you have knowledge about lightweight transport wheelchair, no need to read the brief reviews.
- Let’s check Top 3 Best Lightweight Wheelchair 2016
- Reasons Why You’d Need One ?
- Brief Reviews of Top 3 Best Lightweight Wheelchair
Let’s check Top 3 Best Lightweight Wheelchair 2016
Reasons Why You’d Need One ?
You may be thinking to yourself that you don’t need this type of product. That may be true, but you may also be lying to yourself because you are embarrassed that you aren’t able to be on your feet and get around the way you think you should be able to. Today is the day you should stop worrying about that and do what is best for your health.
Here are some of the reasons why you may need a transport wheelchair and why you shouldn’t put off purchasing one as soon as possible.
- You can’t stand up for long periods of time. Let’s face it; getting older can cause you problems you weren’t expecting. When you start having trouble walking or can’t stay on your feet for very long, it is beneficial to have a device that can not only get you where you need to go, but also comes with a built-in seat. These lightweight wheelchairs are mostly designed to be pushed around, but you can also use them by yourself in a pinch if you need to.
- You need to take care of a loved one. When you are caring for a loved one, you want them to have the best. You don’t want to cut corners in providing care for them. These chairs can not only allow you to wheel them around wherever they need to go, but the user also no longer has to feel isolated because they don’t have the strength or energy to walk. They can still run errands and spend time with the people that matter to them.
- You need the options it provides. If you already have a full size wheelchair but have noticed that it isn’t easy to use everywhere, a lightweight chair might be the answer. They can be stored anywhere, fold up quickly and discreetly, and they are light enough for anyone to be able to manipulate and use.
- You have had surgery recently. These chairs can also be used on a temporary basis. If you just had a c-section or major surgery, it is very important to take the proper time to heal. You can do that in the privacy of your own home and still get around well with one of these devices, and you can just put it away until you need to use it again. You can also always donate it to someone else that needs it.
Brief Reviews of Top 3 Best Lightweight Wheelchair
Here are some of the best lightweight transport wheelchair on the market and what they can do for you. Read these reviews to see which one sounds like it can offer you the results you’re looking for.
#1. Medical Lightweight Transport Wheelchair Reviews
- This is one of the top selling transport wheelchairs available to purchase and it isn’t hard to see why. The chair itself is designed in an all black color scheme, so it isn’t something that is inappropriate for any age. The seat is very sturdy, it can hold up to 250 pounds, it has armrests, which are padded, so they won’t hurt anyone’s arms, and it also gives you something to lean on.
- You also don’t have to worry about the wheels on this chair. There are 4 eight inch wheels, with casters on the front ones, and locks on the back. This means the chair can be steered easily, and can also be locked into place, for when someone needs to make sure the chair is still, so they can be moved into a car or get out of a car into the chair.
- There is a quick release button, so the back can be folded down, and then you just fold up the rest of the chair to store it. There is very little maintenance that needs to be done on this one, but there are also a few things to look out for.
- People that have used the chair say that you have to be careful with the rear wheel locks because they can be jostled loose at times.
- You may also need a cushion if someone needs to sit in the chair for a while. This will give them a comfortable and safe place to sit, and pillows for the seat can be purchased nearly anywhere for a good price.
#2. Medline Lightweight Transport Wheelchair with Brakes
- This chair has a couple of extra features that make it quite different from the Drive Medical Lightweight Steel Transport Wheelchair. One of these things is that it has a hand brake on the handle. This means someone can make sure that the chair doesn’t move when it doesn’t need to.
- Another difference is that the back wheels are larger than the front wheels. This is so it is able to handle different types of terrains without having much of a problem.
- In other words, it allows for a much smoother ride than other chairs of its type, whether you are on a sidewalk or carpeting. Other positive things about this chair are that it has leg rests, which are removable, and it has a wide reinforced seat portion, as well as seatbelt, so not only will the rider have a comfortable place to sit, but you can also be sure that they won’t fall out if you hit a bump.
- One thing that users reported was that it may be hard for tall people to use since it is close to the ground. However, if you are less than 6 feet in height, you shouldn’t have any trouble with this one.
#3. Medical Fly Lite Ultra Lightweight Transport Wheelchair
- This item has a super cool plaid pattern, which means it doesn’t just have a normal look to it. Your loved one may think that you got them something extra special or expensive to take them around in when they see this one. Furthermore, it could be a treat for a younger person that needs to use it, like a teenager or a millennial, since its appearance is attractive and out of the ordinary.
- Unlike the other two chairs mentioned, this one has 6 inch wheels in the front and 8 inch wheels in the back, so it is easy to steer and the wheels aren’t big and bulky. There are two storage compartments on the back of the chair to keep items in, and like the others, this one has a fold down back and padded armrests, which are shortened on this model.
- However, a couple of issues that people had with the chair include that it doesn’t perform well on anything that isn’t level, so crooked sidewalks can be a problem
- This chair isn’t the best for larger people, such as people at or around 200 pounds, even though the chair is rated for more than that.
It doesn’t matter why you need a lightweight wheelchair, but it is important that you get a product that can do everything you need it to.
These chairs are easy to use, fold up and store, and are small enough to be able to fit in pretty much any vehicle because of their size. They are also lightweight and provide the user a nice place to sit and relax, while they are going about their business or enjoying themselves. Besides that, they are easy to push and take care of.
Don’t waste another minute wondering if you should buy one or not? Please to own the best lightweight wheelchair ! Go ahead and get one of these chairs, so you’ll have it when you need it. They are very affordable and can go just about everywhere, unlike full-sized wheelchairs.