If you want to make your own lunch meat or dishes that require thin slices of vegetables, meats, or cheeses, you may be aware that cutting these things can be time consuming and expensive, depending on if you cut them yourself or not.
If you are someone who also shops at club stores, you likely know how much you can save if you are able to buy some of these foods in bulk and can cut them yourself.
This is where a home meat slicer comes in. Many models are good enough for you to use at least once a week, and can cut nearly everything you need. They are also easy to clean and last a while when cared for correctly. Here are the top rated best meat slicers for home use in 2016 and reviews of each.
Reference: In case you need an meat grinder. Click here to read more Best Meat Grinder Reviews 2016
Let’s Check Price Top 5 Electric Meat Slicer at Amazon.com
Brief Reviews of Top 5 Best Meat Slicer 2016
Author Review: 4.2 / 5
This is a best meat slicer for the money because it is very powerful. Here is a quick look at some of the features.
- Stainless steel blades: makes it easier to clean. The blade is 8.7 inches in diameter, which is rather large, so it can really get things done.
- Can cut up to 5/8 inch in width: which means you are able to change the thickness of the slices to whatever you like.
- Suction cup feet: this allows the device to sit in place firmly on the counter or wherever you are using it.
- Safe carriage: your hands will be nowhere near the powerful blade on this device.
Other things you need to know about this device are that it is 180 watts and around 110 volts of power. This makes it a machine that can do what you need it to do, but is also something you don’t want to mess around with.
Users say that the machine is very easy to clean and you don’t have to worry about it taking up a lot of space because it doesn’t. It is actually lightweight enough for anyone to use, so you don’t have to be concerned that you won’t be able to move it around or put it away when you want to just store it. Besides that, it does slice as it is supposed to. However, some people report that it doesn’t do paper thin slicing, or at least they haven’t be able to figure out how to do it.
Author Review: 4.1 / 5
This slicer is professional grade, and can help you slice nearly anything you need it to. Here is a breakdown of what it can do.
- Cast aluminum body: this is what makes it durable.
- 5 inch blade: allows it to be able to cut a wide variety of meats, cheeses, veggies, and whatever else you want to cut.
- Feet that won’t slip: this will keep your slicer in place no matter what.
- Stainless steel blade: this is hygienic and easy to clean.
- Can change thickness: you are able to adjust the thickness of your slices to your tastes.
This slicer has a 150 watt motor and a plastic sleeve, to guide the food to the blade, so you don’t have to touch anything dangerous.
Users love that the blade is strong enough to cut cheeses and meats, but advise that you need to figure out how it works before you complain about it. For example, it takes a bit of getting used to and some people may feel that it takes too long to cut, but it actually takes around 1 second or less to get a good cut. The width of the cuts may also be an issue, but all you need to do is take it slow and they will come out more like you wanted them to. Simply relax and make sure that the food you want to cut is cold enough that the cutting and the blade won’t heat it up and cause it to clog up the machine a bit.
Author Review: 4.3 / 5
This machine is great for home use and can even be utilized in a small restaurant or bistro. The major features are listed below.
- Built-in blade sharpener: this sharpens the large 8.7 inch steel blade so that it’s always sharp enough to use.
- Sliding carriage: helps you cut the meat in a uniform way to get perfect slices.
- Large dial: allows you to get the thickness you want by simply turning it.
- Mostly metal construction: most of the outside of this machine is metal, which makes it easy to clean and care for.
- Meat holder: has spikes to hold the meat in place, so you can get a better grip for slicing.
This one has a 180 watt, 120 volt motor, so it doesn’t slack in the power department either. People that use this one say it works as good as they wanted it to and can slice anything from vegetables to meat to cheese just fine. It is easy to clean and very sturdy. You will get slices that aren’t perfect, but this is for at home use, so that isn’t really a big deal. It is still a lot better than having to slice all these things by hand, and it doesn’t take a long time to get through a lot of food. Some people didn’t like that the slices are usually a little less than perfect, so if that is a big deal to you, you might want to stay away from this one. However, it does slice different widths, so there should be one that is perfect for you, no matter what you’re making.
Author Review: 4.4 / 5
If you want a home slicer that looks cool and does a great job, this is one to really look into. Here are the reasons why.
- Strong body: there is a cast aluminum body and a stainless steel blade, so it is sturdy all around.
- Large blade: the blade is 7 inches in diameter, which is rather large for home use.
- Easy to clean: you can disassemble most of the machine easily so you can make sure it is clean and sanitized.
- Cool running motor: this means that it is unlikely to overheat when you are using it properly.
- Looks professional: even when you look at this device, it looks like a professional product.
Most people that have rated the product gave it top marks. This is due to the fact that it really slices everything you need it to and doesn’t even have a problem with soft or hard cheeses. At the same time, there are a couple of things you need to know if you purchase this one. One is that it comes with a 1 year warranty, and even after that time, the company may send you replacement parts to help you out. Another thing is that you need to lube it up regularly, so that it keeps performing as it should. This can be hard to do since you have to take the machine apart a little bit to put lube in the right place, but it is essential if you want the product to last a long time.
Author Review: 4.4 / 5
This model is very sturdy and looks great too. Here are the features you’ll love about this product.
- Adjustable slices: there is a dial that adjusts the slices up to ¾ inch thick; it can work great for things like bread but also cut thin things like shaved lunchmeat.
- Comes with serrated blade: this blade is good for multiple things and there is also a straight edged blade you can order for this product.
- Handy serving tray: so you don’t have to worry about where the food is going after it is sliced.
- Carriage locks: the carriage is unable to be moved when the device is not on. This protects hands and fingers from getting cut or hurt.
- Very sturdy: this is important because it isn’t flimsy at all. It is made of mostly aluminum and steel parts for durability.
This machine is well liked by pretty much everyone that uses it. The reason for that is that it doesn’t have a problem cutting your favorite meats and other foods. At the same time, it is very large, so it will take up a large spot on your counter when you are using it. That seems fair when you think of how powerful this slicer is. This one also comes with a 1 year warranty and the manual tells you exactly how to care for it so it will last a long time.
A Couple Safety Notes
Just like the industrial meat slicers that you see at the deli, butcher shop, and grocery store, these home machines have powerful spinning blades. That means you have to take extra care to keep your hands and fingers away from the moving parts. Some models make this very easy, but even if they don’t, there are a couple of things you can do.
- For one, you can make sure that you unplug and put away the device when you aren’t using it.
- Secondly, you can purchase some cut proof gloves to wear when you are operating the machine, so you won’t be able to get cut.
Either way, you just need to remember that these slicers are not toys and to be careful with them.
Another thing that you should be on top of if you would like your machine to run for many years to come is that it has to be maintained correctly. This consists mainly of cleaning it properly after each use, applying lube or oil where it goes, and replacing any parts that wear down. The manual that comes with the product should be able to describe how to do these things, but if it doesn’t, you can check the manufacturer’s website to see what to do.
When you follow these simple tips, your slicer will always work correctly when you need it to, as long as you are patient and don’t overwork it. Keep in mind that it won’t always be able to give you uniform slices each time, as that can depend on how you are pushing on the carriage and the temperature and texture of the food. However, after you use one of these machines for a little bit, you’ll get how it works and be able to get the results exactly how you want them with little effort on your part. Then you can simply make food ahead of time and store it, or have really professional presentation in your dinners or casseroles. Either way, you’ll probably impress your family members and your friends.
( How to Use your Meat Slicer – Nisbets. Source: https://www.youtube.com )
After reading about all of these slicers and a couple of safety tips, it is time to see what the verdicts on these products are. While each of these slicers does a great job, there is one that stands out as very sturdy, strong, and affordable. That product is the Chef’s Choice 609 Premium Electric Food Slicer.
You don’t have to be very concerned because the product does work like it should and has a handy dial to adjust the thickness, so you’ll know that your slices will come out relatively even. It is also easy to clean and can cut many different things. If you are in the market for a meat slicer for your home, this one will do everything you need it do, and you will be able to make all the dishes and sandwiches you want. Don’t worry about comparison shopping or looking at many different models because this one will be a good companion for you if you give it a chance.