Having a strong tactical flashlight can be very helpful in many situations. There are several key differences between a tactical flashlight and a normal flashlight. For starters, tactical flashlights are much brighter- blindingly bright, in many instances. They are designed for heavy duty outdoor use and typically have power save and extended battery life options to ensure that they are going to be fully functional when called upon in critical situations.
Expect your tactical flashlight to have LED technology. It should also be accessible with a holster or other add on options. Additionally, it should be waterproof. When shopping for a tactical flashlight, keep these things in mind because otherwise you may find yourself with a rip off version or a flashlight that will not perform up to high enough standards when put to actual use.
Here we will cover what the options are when looking for the best tactical flashlight for the money (or best pocket flashlight). We will discuss these top rated tactical flashlights and what makes them the cream of the crop. Buying a tactical flashlight might seem like a secondary priority or something that is not of utter importance. But if you spend a good amount of time outdoors or need to use a tactical flashlight for work or other high impact situations, spend some time making sure that you are getting the best value and product.
The 3 best TACTICAL FLASHLIGHT 2016 On The Market
- Streamlight 88040 ProTac HL High Lumen Professional Tactical Light with white LED
- Vizeri LED Tactical Flashlight with Focusing Lens
- SOLARAY PRO ZX-1 Professional Series Flashlight Kit
What is a tactical flashlight?
A tactical flashlight, typically, is a flashlight used in conjunction with a firearm to increase visibility of the target in low light situations. The tactical flashlights reviewed here can either be handheld or mounted. Defining features of tactical flashlights include light weight, shock resistance, reliability, and incredibly high light intensity. They may have features that allow light color changing, or in some cases infrared radiation for night time use.
Top rated tactical flashlights have rechargeable batteries and easy compatibility with add on features. Often they will come with a holster. The best tactical flashlights for the money often include both a holster and batteries, and in some cases additional add on options in a package purchase scenario.
>> Check out these three best tactical flashlight for the money <<
Want to see what we feel are the Top 3 choices for good tactical flashlight? Check out this table below.
Streamlight 88040 ProTac professional tactical light – The best tactical flashlight for the money
The SolidState power regulation ensures maximum light output no matter where the batteries are in their life span, so users will not have to worry about the light dimming as the batteries get low or being excessively bright right of the bat. The unit comes standard with Streamlight’s rechargeable batteries, although buying a few extra is never a bad idea. That way, users can have backup when in the field. Because it comes with the batteries, this unit is definitely a best tactical flashlight for the money.
- It can get a bit warm with continuous use- but it will not be hot enough to cause burns or otherwise be uncomfortable to handle.
- If using on a medium setting, expect to be down to 50% power after 45 minutes or so of continuous use. On low settings it will last much longer- Streamlight has claimed 28 hours. This may be a bit of a stretch but the battery life is pretty solid as long as you are not running straight on full blast the entire time.
- The light is operated by button on the tail. Hopefully the Streamlight team will continue to develop the accessories for this product, but already with what they have this is a top rated tactical flashlight. If they keep working at it they can have an extremely strong grip on the niche market for tactical flashlights in this price range and style.
When it comes down to it, the Streamlight 88040 ProTac is the best tactical flashlight for the money. It is cheaper than some lights with less light output and also as reliable as anything on the market. You will not be upset if you buy this tactical flashlight.
Vizeri LED Tactical Flashlight with Focusing Lens – Top rated tactical flashlight trusted by those in charge
The light has five settings, including an SOS setting that is very useful in an emergency. This tactical flashlight is trusted by military personnel and troopers all over the country because of its many options and dependability.
- Each part of the light screws in to the center, making it extremely durable and meaning that it will not crack under pressure. Additionally, Vizeri goes over the top with gold plated springs to prevent any corrosion, a very impressive feature making this one of the best tactical flashlight for the money options.
- For transporting, there are many accessories that can go along with it. The lamp diffuser and holster that come with it can be used to make a hanging device for tents or use in other outdoor settings.
- The switch to turn the light on and off is on the side, sliding up and down. Users will want to make sure they aren’t excessively banging the switch against hard objects so that it does not break. As long as you are careful about this it will not be a problem.
- It is recommended to use button top batteries with this light to avoid tripping the charge/discharge protection circuit. Rechargeable batteries are recommended for maximizing the battery life and dependability. But one of the coolest features of this top rated tactical flashlight is the switch off memory feature- as long as you keep the brightness level consistent for several seconds before turning off the flashlight, it will remain at that same level the next time you turn it on.
This top rated tactical flashlight is built for the outdoors- whether its hunting, camping, or anything else. Its small 1.1 inch diameter makes it easy to carry and even easier to store. It will not take up much room on your bag or in your belt. As you get more and more comfortable with the light, you will find that holding it with your hand upright like police officers do if you cannot mount it will give you best control of moving the beam around and zooming in. The lens in convex so the wideness of the beam when it hits objects is consistent with how far away the user is standing with the light.
Overall, this tactical flashlight is very durable for how cheap it is. The light is a good buy for outdoorsy types that need a quick, cheap tactical flashlight.
Solarex Pro ZX-1 Professional Series Flashlight Kit – A rising star among top rated tactical flashlights
It may be a mouthful, but the Special Powerful Genuine Ultra Bright XM-L T6 Cree Super Silicon Carbide Single Die LED chip that comes with this top rated tactical flashlight is the real deal.
- The batteries work well and recharge quickly and efficiently. The zoom function is very nice and allows for easy zoning in on further away objects. A quick note- this light will blind you temporarily (causing severe disorientation) if you shine it right in your eyes or in the eyes of another person. At short distances, the effect can be nauseating. This light claims 1200 lumens, which may be a bit of a stretch. Still, the light is plenty bright and very reliable when out in the field, camping, or just about anywhere else.
- The best thing about this top rated tactical flashlight is the flood beam. It is wide and consistent, providing a good range of light that makes it easy to see what is going on within that range. When zooming, go slow so that you can retain focus on what you are zooming in to see as it can get a bit dotted out when zoomed.
- When charging, be sure to place the charger on a fire proof surface in case the battery becomes detached for some reason.
Overall, this light is a top rated tactical flashlight because of its durability and long range. Users can count on this light to get the job done when needed and maintain consistent light no matter the battery life. Because of this it is a best tactical flashlight for the money option.
How to pick the best tactical flashlight for the money
The most important factor to consider when choosing a tactical flashlight is your level of use. Are you using it for work or for a hobby? How to find the top rated tactical flashlight.
- If you are a policeman or in the military, be sure to consider all of the add on and critical features so that you will have maximum efficiency and results when using the tactical flashlight. You will want one that can startle a subject when the light is shined in to their eyes, and also that can illuminate a target from a long distance. Do not settle for the cheap store brands. They will fail you in the field and not provide optimum results.
- For hobbyists, there are some lower price range options that are still a top rated tactical flashlight. Still consider the battery life and weight, as well as how easy the tactical flashlight will mount on to guns or other objects. It is important to read up so that you will have the best tactical flashlight for the money. Otherwise, you might end up overpaying when that extra money could have been used for add on and extra options.
Tactical Flashlight Buyer’s Guide
As we said before, consider your level of activity when shopping for a top rated tactical flashlight.
- Will you be using the light very frequently or only every once in a while?
- How far of a sight range do you need?
- Are you willing to buy accessories separately?
If you are a gear nerd who wants to have all of the latest accessories it is important to find the best cheap tactical flashlight. You will want to acquire one of the top rated tactical flashlights discussed here. These top rated items will not leave you stranded out in the dark when you need them most like the imitation brands.
These brands are the best in the industry and have worked to evolve the world of tactical flashlights from boring and conventional products into ones that users can be excited about, wanting to keep up on the industry’s latest trends.
All three of these lights have their advantages over the others and areas that could be improved. We recommend looking at the photos here before making a purchase to ensure that the tactical flashlight you buy fits your needs and is the right size for you. And as always, go with a top rated tactical flashlight because they are the best tactical flashlight for the money, so you can rest assured that you made the right decision.
- The Streamlight 88040 has the advantage of Steamlight’s name and branding and users should take comfort in this. Their products are dependable and long lasting. The light can take some wear and tear without crapping out.
- The Vizeri LED light is trusted by military and top ranking officials and is best for very heavy duty situations. It is a top rated tactical flashlight because of its tested reputation and long battery life when using rechargeable batteries.
- The Solarex Pro ZX-1 represents a growing company that is taking an avid interested in their users’ feedback and concerns, working hard to keep their brand as a top rated tactical flashlight that is classified in the same category and level as brands such as Streamlight.