Possibly you are in need of a miter saw that you know you can use often for all of your woodworking needs. You do not need to be a professional woodworker to want to have a miter saw. You may be working on something as a hobby and you know that you can reap the benefits of the miter saw easily.
If you would like to follow a certain budget but you do not want to sacrifice quality for the price, DEWALT DW715 15-Amp 12-Inch Single-Bevel Compound Miter Saw may be just the right product that you are searching for. Through reading this review, you will get to know more information about how this miter saw can be the one that you need.
Features of DEWALT DW715 15-Amp 12-Inch Single-Bevel Compound Miter Saw
Before you can purchase any product, it is always essential that you get to know the various details that you can get from this beforehand. It will not be too helpful if it does not have the features that you need, right?
- 15 Amp Rotor – This can give a fast speed of 4000 RPMS which can of course mean that you can work on your tasks faster than ever. You can be sure that usual complicated tasks can be done faster because of the speed of the rotor.
- 11 Stops for Stainless Steel Detent Plate – You can be sure that making use of this product will not require a lot of effort because it can offer 11 stops. That is more than what other miter saws can offer.
- Basic Adjustable Cam Lock Miter – No need to worry about not being able to cut fast and accurately because this feature will make it possible for you to do just that.
- Precise Miter System – This makes sure that cutting accurately is possible. This is also helped by the machine based fence.
- 3 Year Limited Warranty – No need to worry about the product’s durability because you can be sure that for 3 years, you can have it returned for parts replacement. It also comes with a 90 day money back guarantee if you are not happy with the product at all.
Pros and Cons of This Product
It is always important to get to know the advantages and disadvantages that each product can give you. Such is the case with this product too. You have to know if its pros outweigh its cons for you.
Things We Liked
- Lightweight – Although this weighs about 40 pounds, you can be sure that this is so much lighter than all the other miter saws that you might have checked out. Aside from the fact that it is lightweight, it is also portable which makes stacking it inside the vehicle easy when you need to bring it.
- Already Perfectly Aligned – The moment that you take it out of the box, you can be sure that you are ready to use this saw because it is already perfectly aligned.
- Solid Miter Adjustments – No need to worry about the miter being out of adjustment when you are using this product because once you adjust it, you do not have to change it again.
Things We Didn't Like
- Not Compatible with LED light – If you know that you can work better with LED light then you might not like the fact that this is not compatible with any LED light that you may have worked with in the past.
- Clamp has to be purchased separately – There are a lot of other saws that come with a clamp because this is one of the essential parts that can make the saw work better but for this model, there is a need to purchase the clamp separately for an extra amount of cash.
- Not Too Precise – Although it is accurate, this is not meant for work that will require a lot of precision.
Knowing the pros and cons of the product will help you decide if this is one product that is worth purchasing or not. Most of the time, the last cons are not really big issues for a lot of people but the fact that it is not compatible with LED light can be a bit off for a lot of people and you might find this important too.
Maintaining and Cleaning the Product
There are certain things that you ought to do to make sure that this product will remain to be in good working condition all the time.
- Make sure that you will remove any of the debris that may be left behind because of using the saw. This means that if there is sap left behind when you cut through some pieces of wood, you would have to remove that.
- Buff the cutting table and the fence. You may think that this is unimportant but this will allow you to check all the moving and loose parts of the saw. It will also help you determine if there are some parts that would need to be replaced or not.
- Use a dry pad in cleaning out areas of the miter saw. If there are some problematic areas, you may need to use a bit of cutting oil for some areas that do not get cleaned very easily.
With all of these tips to remember, cleaning can be done easier and without many issues at all.
There are always a lot of good thing that can be said about this product probably because of the different things that it can give. It manages to offer people accuracy and it also has a strong blade given its price. The 32 tooth blade is often well appreciated by people especially those who use it for the first time. It is also quieter than the other miter saws that you might have tried before. Truly, this is one saw that you can consider to be a good buy.