Unlike the exteriors which are predominated by the metallic body material, the car interior is usually predominated with the thick lace of plastic linings which may then not be easy to paint out rightly.
Cars may in some cases have very dull interiors which may force the car user to get to change the interior look to something nice and trendy. Painting takes this place and form and is in most of the cases taking in the use of paint sprayers.
Most of the plastic material could be painted with some thin coat of vinyl. The use of this is quite common because it is usually resistant to all manner of creasing which are common with the car interiors.
Car interior painting then needs to follow certain procedures which include the following;
- Plan the painting process. Because this is an exercised which involves the area which the car user users every day, people are bound not to plan for it and end up having to rush the painting over. It then gives a bad appearance to the car interior.
- Pre-clean before painting. You may need to remove some dirt and creases on the areas to be painted. The use of some plastic cleaning detergent may work the magic. Remove the greases and make the car interior clean.
Prepare the materials. Paint sprayer purchase may be the best thing to do in advance. Consider the likely pros and cons of using the paint sprayers and the numerous brushes.
The diversity of the sprayers only makes the process to be better planned. You may choose to use an airless paint sprayer or just the normal sprayers. The choice of paint you need to use must also be done though a thin one will be sufficient.
- Begin the process by covering the areas you may not want the paint to go to. These may be areas which are marked on the dashboard as well as the areas which are not to be painted. The car carpets can also be removed as well as the car seats.
- If the seats are made of plastic, applying some good coat may increase their taste. Sand the surfaces smooth before commencing the painting. You may also take time to clean the car interior to be painted and dry the area.
- Painting of the car interior may take the form of normal painting. The use of the under coat is common. In some areas, the use of adhesives to help stick the paint is important art any moment, shake the painting sprayer can to make the process of paint dispensing better.
- Follow the undercoat with the primer which is to be painted at least 3 coats of thin surfaces. These needs to follow each other at intervals to ensure that the initial primer paint is dry. The primer surface is to be left to dry for at least a day
- Paint the car interiors following the set down guidelines. Shaking the paint in the can before spraying is important. The process of painting may also need to be taken with care, allowing for at least 3 coats.
- Apply the final clear coat to give the interior a clean looking aura. This will also help preserve the texture of your paint.
The tedious nature and the protracted manner in which the whole process of car interior painting is to be carried calls for one thing, due car care. Painting the car interior may be just as expensive as undertaking any car repair processes. You need to have caution with how you handle your car interior.