With 15 years of work experience, highly skilled INNOVA technicians based at their headquarters in California acquire the highest technology in their products.
Innova 3040c is a basic scan tTool designed for both Do-It-Yourself car owners and professional mechanics looking for a quick data reading to make a preliminary diagnosis.
It incorporates many professional features meeting the needs of skilled mechanics. Also it is simple and easy to use for those who are new in car diagnosis but want to take the matters into their own hands and save money.
Features of Innova 3040C
The INNOVA 3040 Diagnostic Scan Tool/Code Reader with Live Data for OBD2 Vehicles is a handheld scan tool at the entry level compatible with all 1996 and newer cars, minivans and light trucks.
Some of its special features are as follow:
- Reading and deleting data even when the engine is off. This would quicken the diagnosis process.
- When in use Live Data readings are refreshed every 30 seconds.
- Multi lingual display readings in English, French and Spanish.
- Capable of showing Live Data at the same time, offering freeze data options. Making it all the simpler for the technician to diagnosis the trouble spot.
- All the features are updatable by connecting to the internet.
- Small size (2*6*10) and light weight (4ounce) makes it easy to carry around in the workshop or in your garage.
- Capable of Battery and Alternator Test for analyzing car star-up problems.
- Ability to provide ABS readings. These days, this is an essential safety data car owners are looking for.
- Simple and easy to use. There are no complications just plug in the OBD2 Scan Tool and attain your data.
- A 2.8” color display screen presenting 20 data readings in one page.
Why buy Innova 3040C?
In my opinion INNOVA 3040 OBD2 Scan Tool is a professional scanner at the entry level which saves MONEY and TIME. This means that is has a dual feature. First it’s an easy to use scanner best fit for car lovers who want to save money by doing the diagnosis on their cars themselves. Secondly, it provides quick professional data for skilled technicians working in busy workshops where speed is essential. Therefore as a scanner with a price tag of under $100 it surely pays off. In particular, there are NOT many Scan Tools at this price range that will give you Live Data reading and freeze-frame utility.
Things We Liked
- Custom-built in comparison tosimilar oversized models.
- Small in size and weight.
- Compatible with most of the vehicles on the road.
- Reasonably low price considering the professional features it offers.
- Easy and quick. In 20 sec after plugging in you can read your data.
Things We Didn't Like
- Customer service not up to the mark.
- The upgrade is for one vehicle only.
- LCD screen instead of being dark blue is a greyish color making reading data a little difficult.
- The connecting cable is rather short. It needed to be at least 12” longer.
Customers have rated this new INNOVA product 4.5 out of 5 stars. To sum up all their reviews; over 80% have concluded that it functions as marketed by the producer.
For example, they said it works perfectly on models such as; Chevy, 07 Equinox, 99 Chevrolet Silverado, 2011 VW golf TDI , 09 Nissan Murano and2003 Toyota Tundra.
However, you must know that there have been reports of incompatibility too. In one case it did not work on Ubuntu.
Obviously reading and summing up the customer reviews gives you an overall scope of the product and its track record in the hands of the buyers. But a personal face to face information gathering on the product is something else.
For this purpose I called on my friend who works as a skilled technician in a medium sized repair shop. They use different models of scanners; one of them is INNOVA 3040c. I asked him what is different between 3040c and the other models and in which circumstance does he uses this Scan Tool. He was very helpful and gave me some useful tips.
Here is the summary of what he said:
“This Scan Tool is easy and fast. I just plug it in and under 30 seconds I have the readings I want. This morning I plugged it to a 99 Chevrolet Silverado and it worked like a piece of cake. I clicked on ABS and received both two codes with a full explanation on the possible faults. ABS readings are essential these days. During the day in I used it on several other cars even a 2000 Range Rover and everything worked out fine. We already had an INNOVA 3100 but decided to buy a 3040c because we needed the Live Data reading for quick diagnosis. Too bad unlike 3100 it doesn’t have a battery backup. My bottom line for this price: don’t hesitate to buy it”.
One last point which you should not be mistaken about is that the upgrade of your scanner is per vehicle and not for the account. So if you have more than one car you should pay around $40 for the update of each of your cars.
Having read all the technical features, customer reviews and a first-hand interview with a professional using, my final conclusion is simple: It does what it says”. Relying on the good name of INNOVA products and the track record of this product I would strongly recommend it as a basic level Scan Tool with professional features at a reasonable price.
If this is what you are after don’t hesitate it’s a good value for money.
Are you trying to get better at writing? Do you have any questions that I can help you with? Just leave a comment below.
Also, be sure to check out this list of the best car blogs, to find more useful automotive information, including buying research, news, reviews, and more.