The Kreg Prs1040 precision is one of the best router tables in the market, attributable to the unique features that it has. The T-square fully enclosed aluminum fence which will enhance the process of dust collection. This will also provide enough space for the optimum usage of the miter slot and the T-square style also enhances the small adjustments on the router table.
The MDF table surface is considered to be quite innovative in that it is coated with high pressure laminate. This will make it easier to slide work pieces on the table surface.
- This is one of the heaviest router tables since it weighs 93 pounds.
- The dimensions are 38 x 26.5 x 9 inches, which is rather larger than the other router tables.
- It has a T-square style fence, which is fully enclosed so as to maximize the use of the miter gauge.
- The flexible steel stand can be detached easily when one wants to move this router table around.
- The MDF table surface has a high quality lamination and easy-slide micro-dot skin, which makes it an exceptional router table.
- The T-square styled aluminum fence is completely enclosed, which will enhance the precision as well as the process of dust collection.
- The innovative MDF surface is laminated with high quality material, which makes it easy to reduce the vibration, impact and the noise.
- The easy-slide and micro-dot skin allows the operator to be able to feed the stock to the router table for cutting with so much ease.
- It has a thick phenolic insert plate, which will work with any other router without a problem.
- The dual reducing rings have three different leveling or lock-down screws, which will enhance the stability of this router table.
Who Is Kreg Prs1040 Ideal For ?
The Kreg PRS1040 is ideal for experienced craftsmen, who are looking for durability and accurate cutting. Beginners in woodwork projects will also find this router table ideal since it can accept all universal router, without a problem.
- The MDF surface and easy-slide, micro-dot surface is one of the best benefits users get from this router table.
- The fully enclosed fence also makes this table stand out from the rest.
- In order to get total efficiency, you can use the Kreg PRS3000 precision router table lift with this router table. This will make the router height adjustments easier and more accurate.
Things We Liked
- The T-square fence is permanently fitted to the miter slot at a parallel angle, which maximizes the use of the miter slot.
- The noise and vibration are significantly reduced as a result of the MDF surface being edge-bent.
- The Kreg PRS1040 Precision Router Table System has two steel supports and a flexible steel stand, which will support heavy pieces without succumbing.
- Generally, this router table is made from steel, which makes it a durable machine.
- This is one of the router tables rated highly for its precision and accuracy since the levelers have 8 contact points.
Things We Didn't Like
- The fact that it weighs 93 pounds is a great disadvantage for most consumers as they cannot move it around without too much effort.
- The dust collection port does not fit the standard vacuum hose and this makes it difficult to extract the dust.
- Some of the arts are quite fragile and this causes them to malfunction easily.
- There is a dip in the middle of the table, which makes the bit to cut more from the ends, than in the middle.
- You are assured of a noiseless work environment as a result the edge-bended MDF top surface.
- The surface is laminated with micro-dot skin, which will help in reduction of noise and vibration.
- The insert plate is universal and can mount all types of router, without the need for extra holes to be drilled on the table.
- Accuracy is ensured by the leveling using the lock down screws, which have different height adjustments.
- The faces of the aluminum fence are individualized, which will provide efficient room for vertical jointer.
Installation and Maintenance Guide
- You should start by assembling the flexible metal stand, which serves as the base for this router.
- The next step is to attach the aluminum fence, which is usually fully enclosed.
- Mount the insert router plate, which will allow you to mount any router that you may prefer to use.
- If you have a table lift, you can also attach, so as to facilitate router height adjustments.
See Kreg PRS1040 Router Table Assembly Tour below
Maintenance Guide of Kreg PRS1040
- Lubrication of the various parts is one the basic maintenance tips that you should observe for this router table.
- You should try to extract as much dust as possible so as to avoid clogging of the system of your router table.
- Always refer to the user manual for troubleshooting tips.
The Kreg PRS1040 precision router table has really set the bar high for router tables. From the universal insert plate to the bended edge MDF surface and the easy-slide lamination, you will have so much to look out for. This is an ideal integration of technology and unique features. The router table is durable and you will not regret having it in your workshop since it offers accurate precision.
Have a similar product like this model, you can click link following to read more about Kreg PRS2100