When a dear family member became ill, I found out that not all wheelchairs are created equal. I looked and shopped around until I found a chair that would be able to meet all of our needs, while still being able to take a little wear and tear.
The Medline Lightweight Transport Wheelchair with Brakes not only did what I needed it to do, but it also exceeded my expectations. This product is made well and can be a trusted tool for taking care of someone you love. It is built to last and is easy to put together right out of the box.
Don’t hesitate to buy this one for a friend or family member that needs a wheelchair, in order to stay mobile. It is able to get around even in small spaces and won’t give out on you when you’re counting on it.
My Honest Review about Medline Lightweight Transport Wheelchair
- I am a huge lover of the color blue, so that is what caught my eye first. The frame of this chair is powdered coated, and is painted a beautiful royal blue. The rest of the chair, including the wheels are black, so this gives the entire wheelchair a great look that will fit any gender without being tacky or clashing.
- Another thing to love about this device is that it has features that are perfect for all types of circumstances. For example, there are four wheels, just like hospital wheelchairs with 2 large wheels in the back and two smaller ones in the front. These tires are made of solid rubber, so they require virtually no maintenance. This also means that they will be able to perform on many different surfaces.
- As with other chairs, you may be concerned that it will sit your loved one safely and support them. The truth is, this product is rated for up to 250 pounds and is quite comfortable.
- It has padded armrests and a place to rest your feet as well. Besides that, it can get through most doors with ease, so you don’t have to worry about it not fitting through the door of your home or anywhere you would need to take a family member, such as a doctor’s office or another type of appointment.
- Some other features of this chair that are exciting are the fact that the foot holds swing away, meaning you can move them so someone can get up out of the chair without hurting themselves. The armrests can also be placed in the back of the chair by just pressing a lever, which is designed so the user can pull up to a desk or chair. This is perfect for when you want to include everyone in a family meal at the table or if the person that needs the chair wants to use the computer. They can slide as close as they want to the desk or table, so they have a full range of motion with their arms.
***Note: This product have two colour. If you don’t like blue colour, you can click here to check red colour : Medline Transport Wheelchair with Brakes, Red
Opinions of Users about Product
- Many users of this chair agree with me when they say it is easy to put together right out of the box, and it folds up quick and easy when it’s time to put it away. It couldn’t be simpler to use and is perfect to take advantage of indoors or outdoors. There is absolutely no reason for loved ones to not be able to get around well, when they can get a great chair like this and be able to get around their house whenever they need to.
- It comes with a special wrench for putting it together, which you can keep handy, in case there is a problem and you need something tightened.
- There is a storage bag on the back of the chair which would be perfect for storing this wrench, as well as any other paperwork or valuables that you need to carry with you. This makes the chair rather easy to take care of, and it is also easy to clean.
Everything about the chair isn’t perfect
- There isn’t any padding in the seat, so you may want to purchase a pillow or something to put in the seat to make it more comfortable. Otherwise, it may not be much fun sitting in this chair all day.
Overall, there are no major problems with it, although every now and then, you might need to clean it off or tighten a bolt. Other than that, you can trust that it will keep your family member safe and comfortable.
Whatever your reasoning is, there is no reason to hesitate. Not only can you put this one together right out of the box, but it can be used easily, and has certain features that make it perfect in a range of different situations.
Besides that, the Medline Lightweight Transport Wheelchair with Brakes have price $109.30* dollars, so it is quite affordable. You will be surprised how well this chair works for that price, besides the fact that it has a fancy look to it as well.
There is no reason to not purchase this product, especially if you want someone you care about to have the independence that they used to have and desperately need.
Similar product: Drive Ultra Lightweight Transport Wheelchair