MY STORY – How I’ve got Shark NV356E
When I had my second child last year, my Mother gave me an unexpected gift – a Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional Upright (NV356E). I thought it was rather funny, expecting a gift for the baby. But it turned out to be the best gift ever.
This heaven-sent gift totally answers my problems about maintaining a clean house efficiently with less work and less effort. Other moms who have to juggle children and housework would find a best friend in this equipment. It became like a magic wand that I could just swoosh and voila, the house is clean.
Having a 7-year old and a little baby really meant I could not have time at all to clean the house. But the Shark Vacuum NV356E she gave me did not require much effort. It is easy to handle and rather light-weight. Even our son helps me in using it. It vacuums even small items that the eyes can’t see like pet hairs, which is great because we have Peanuts the Labrador. I have noticed that our new baby is more sensitive to pet hair so having an efficient equipment to thoroughly clean it up is a big help.
It has a high-tech system that prevents dirt from clogging the filters so it can still vacuum strongly even when I’ve done the ground floor area. With my old vacuum cleaner, by then I would have had to empty it otherwise, it wouldn’t vacuum so efficiently anymore.
Carpets are a bane when you have much activity in the house. Our school-age boy is always up and about playing outside in the garden and coming back in for food. But the NV356E vacuum does a great job cleaning up carpets. We even use it to vacuum the car seats.
I also find it easy to navigate so it doesn’t get stuck in some tight space. It easily swivels at the lightest prodding. It’s lightweight so I can do it with just one hand, while the other tries to reach for hidden treasures aka toys under the sofa.
Here is what I like best about Shark NV356E:
- Swivel steering.
- Lightweight, only 14 lbs.
- Has both foam filters and HEPA that lock in the dirt once it is vacuumed in.
- Set also includes an 8-inch crevice tool, pet hair power brush, dusting brush, dust-away hard floor attachment and a microfiber pad.
- Large dust cup that is easy to empty and clean.
- Extra long power chord – 30 ft.
- Classic colors of white and silver.
While I love and enjoy my Shark NV356E, there are a few quirks I am not so thrilled about. But overall, it really is a great product and is my new best friend when it comes to cleaning house.
THE GOOD AND THE UGLY
Things We Liked
- Affordable price.
- Can clean both carpets and bare floors. May also be used in car upholsteries.
- The different brushes are for hard floors or bare floors, and the other is for carpets.
- Easy to assemble.
- Easy one-button manipulation.
- The crevice tool is a good aid for taller people who won’t need to bend down anymore to get the vacuum cleaner under hard-to-reach places.
- Very strong suction power, and very thorough in getting even dirt that may not be easily visible.
- The floor brush is of a good size ideal to reach even under couches and heavy furniture.
Things We Didn't Like
- The structure is a bit top-heavy and can tip over easily.
- At 14 lbs, it is a bit heavier than the other models which are only 12 lbs or so.
- While on upright, the cord works best placed over the shoulder because of the awkward location of the clip.
- The model doesn’t have headlights on so you can’t easily see if there are still dirt particles right under your nose if you are cleaning a dark place.
- The extension arm is a bit difficult to release for use.
MY EXPERIENCES – Good Tips for you
Like a child with a new toy, when I was starting to discover and enjoy the features and functionality of my Shark Navigator NV356E, I specifically asked my husband to babysit for a whole day so I could research and experiment on the best ways to maximize the usage of my Shark NV356E. Here are a few tips I came upon which I hope you will also find helpful:
HOW TO TREAT CARPET STAINS?
- Remove solid food items using spoon or your hands. Try to get the bigger pieces of the broken cookie before you vacuum clean the smaller crumbs.
- If a drink spilled, blot out the water using a paper towel.
- While there remains a wet spot in your carpet, make sure it does not gather dirt. You can do this by putting a chair over the area so people don’t walk on it.
- When removing stains, do not rub over it. It will make it worst by making the stained area bigger. Use blotting motions instead.
- Use a solution of 50% vinegar, 50% water to remove colored stains.
HOW TO TREAT PET’S EMERGENCY ON THE CARPET?
- Remove solid parts using gloved hands.
- To remove the smell and color from the chosen spot, apply small amount of cold water, and blot it out using paper towel.
- Mix ¼ teaspoon liquid dishwashing and a cup of lukewarm water. Spray over the stain, and pat dry with paper towel.
- In patting dry a wet area, start from the outside and go inward to the center.
- Also use a ‘lifting motion’ but do it gently.
- Secure the spot if it remains wet. Don’t let any two-legged or four-legged walk over it and cause dirt to stick on the wet spot.
For me, the real magic of the Shark Navigator Lift-Away NV356E is the ease in navigating it. I grew up with a bulky vacuum cleaner in our home and I remember that as a child I could hardly move it around. I am pleasantly surprised that our 7-year old son can help me with the cleaning. Since the equipment is so lightweight, he is able to move it around efficiently so all I have to do is direct him where to point the thing.
And of course, what would I be raving about if the vacuum cleaner was light, but it couldn’t actually clean. Well, not for this baby. The Shark Navigator NV356E is so efficient in its cleaning. What may appear as a clean room in our eyes will actually yield a lot of pet hair and collected dirt after the vacuum cleaner goes through it. I am more assured of the safety and good health of our children knowing that our rooms are thoroughly clean.
I am so glad my Mom, thoughtful as she is, gave me my own magic wand for house chores. I totally recommend it for everyone, but especially for mothers like me with way too many tasks and way little time to do it.
The suction power of NV356E vacuum is tested and proven. It can remove even dirt unseen by the human eyes. It does a deep clean in the carpets and can remove pet hair easily.
If you want the versatility and multiple function of a vacuum cleaner that can be used both in upright position and as a lift-away, then the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional Upright (NV356E) is the perfect vacuum cleaner for you. Get the great benefits from the Shark NV356E today!