When I began my journey to finding a high quality HVLP Paint Sprayer, I had a few qualities in mind. I needed one that would be able to paint objects as large as my shop and as small as a wooden chair. Finding a paint sprayer that is versatile enough to be used for those types of projects wasn’t easy.
After doing a lot of research and reading reviews, I came across the Wagner Flexio 890 HVLP Paint Sprayer Station and made the plunge to buy it.
What I really like about this paint sprayer is that it is capable of spraying an entire house just as well as it can do a bookshelf. It’s extremely easy to use and clean up, so you won’t be spending a lot of time with that. The adjustable spray pattern makes it easy to switch between different jobs. Overall, I am extremely satisfied with this product, and I wanted to tell you my honest opinion in this review.
My Honest Review About Wagner Flexio 890
My first project using Flexio 890 was to paint the walls of an entire room that is about 100 square feet. After getting all the prep work done, it literally took me a total of about 30 minutes to get the first coat on. Depending on the type of wall and the color, you may not need an additional coat, but I put one on just because it was quick and easy.
It comes with an iSpray nozzle and a detail finish nozzle, so I could even do some touch up and trim work with the sprayer. I used a pretty thick latex paint and it sprayed it perfectly without having to thin it at all.
I’ve only had to use a couple of gallons on the room so far, but I truly believe that it will spray 8.4-gallons of paint per hour like the manufacturer states. Since it sprays at such a high rate, it really is suitable for almost any job.
What to Expect from the Flexio 890 HVLP Paint Sprayer Station
- Make no mistake about it, this is a pretty heavy paint sprayer when compared to other handheld models, but it is still much lighter than packing around a regular Airless Paint Sprayer. You can use the iSpray nozzle for your larger jobs, whether it is indoors or outdoors. The detail finish nozzle is perfect for smaller projects, touching up and even trim work.
- When you have this paint sprayer, you can expect to do a perfect paint job every time. The combination of the iSpray nozzle, the detail finish nozzle and the X-Boost turbine will give you the most powerful and flexible painting solution that you can find anywhere.
- What you’ll notice after you practice with this paint sprayer a few times is that you won’t have a need for a paintbrush anymore. This sprayer does a great job of painting the smaller spots and edges that are generally harder to get with a traditional paint sprayer. That just means that you’ll have time to do other things that you really enjoy rather than spending time touching up with a paintbrush.
- I like having the nine different settings on the power dial, so that I can control the spray pattern and coating. You can adjust the spray pattern either vertically, horizontally, wide or narrow. And the Lock-n-Go feature ensures that changing nozzles is effortless and quick.
- This paint sprayer can be used with thick exterior and interior latex paints, as well as thinner paints like stains, urethanes, sealers and other oil-based paints. No matter how large or small the project is or whether it’s indoors or outdoors, the Wagner 0529021 Flexio 890 HVLP Paint Sprayer Station is the product you need!
Downfalls of Wagner Flexio 890
- There really aren’t any faults that this paint sprayer has. It’s unfortunate that it is only equipped with an air hose that’s only 11.5-feet long. This is usually good enough for smaller projects, but sometimes you need a little extra length if you are painting walls with high ceilings or the side of a shop.
- Also, the power of the sprayer is sometimes too much. You really have to spend a lot of time preparing your workspace before using it. If you don’t use a quality tape to hold your plastic down, then you will likely be touching up spots that you didn’t want to be painted. As long as you take your time with the prep work, then you will love this paint sprayer.
Comparisons to Other Paint Sprayers
If you’re looking for another similar paint sprayer, the Wagner Flexio 690 Paint Sprayer is one to consider. It also has variable speed controls, but the controls are actually on the base of the product, instead of on the handle. This makes it a little less convenient to switch speeds, but it is still equipped with it and works well. It will also spray on just about any type of paint, no matter how thick or thin it is.
One of the luxuries of the Wagner Flexio 690 Paint Sprayer is that it comes with a 15-foot air hose instead of the 11.5-foot air hose that comes with the Wagner 0529021 Flexio 890 HVLP Paint Sprayer Station. This is a more attractive option if you are working outdoors with a large project, or if you have a big room in your house that you’re painting.
My Honest Recommendation
No matter if you have small jobs, large jobs, plan on using a paint sprayer frequently or just occasionally, I would recommend that you purchase the Wagner Flexio 890 HVLP Paint Sprayer Station. You can find it for a very competitive price, and it is an outstanding value for all the features that it has and the type of jobs that it can complete.
Once you use it for the first time, you will understand what I mean and want to find more painting jobs around the house that you can do. And the best part about it is that you don’t have to be an experienced painter in order to figure out how to use it. With a little practice, everyone can finish quality painting jobs, so don’t delay another minute and order yours today!