Having a water heater at home is one way to make your house routines easy. It is said to be luxurious but, we can’t deny the fact that water heaters are one of the household essentials. Who would have wanted to jump out into the shower just because of cold and freezing water from the pipes? No one!
There are a lot of unexpected benefits that hot water can give us. It can cleanse or detoxify our bodies, it can alleviate back and body pains, it can also open our clogged sinuses, just to name a few. Hence, it’s vital to have water heaters at home.
However, choosing the best water heater for your home can be overwhelming. As such, it is not an easy task for a typical person to pick the best heaters for there are a lot of types available in the market today. Hence, here are some of the helpful tips that may guide you in choosing the best water heater for your home.
Check Your Space
Before you go to a water heater market, it is best that you check first the size of your space on where you wanted to put your heater. In this way, you can figure out the dimension of the water heater that you need, and you won’t have storage problems on installing your water heater.
After checking your space, you can now study the following factors to consider in choosing the best water heater for your home.
Consider the Fuel Source
Water heaters may also vary in the type of fuel source it needs. That is why it is essential to know the fuel source in your home before choosing a water heater. Thus, knowing the type of fuel source in your home makes it is easier for you to choose the water heater that fits your needs.
Here are some points of the types of fuel source where you can excerpt information from:
● Electric. An alternative fuel source which provides low-cost electric fuel to power up a water heater.
● Heat pump. It is a type of fuel source where it uses the energy from the air to heat water. It is more expensive than the electric and propane fuel source.
● Propane. It is an energy source which uses a burner to power up water heaters.
Know Its Capacity
One of the major consideration in purchasing a water heater is its capacity. It is essential to look at how much amount of water can a heater hold in gallons. In this way, you can ensure that you have enough hot water in your household.
When considering the capacity of a water heater, it is necessary to count the number of family members in your household. In this way, you can compute how much gallons of hot water is needed in your home. Also, you’ll be able to choose the right size of water heater.
Another consideration for the capacity of a water heater is its recovery rate. Recovery rate will tell you how much time would it take for it to reheat. Thus, having a high demand for hot water will need a high recovery rate of water heaters.
Discover the Types of Water Heaters
Aside from considering the capacity and fuel source of a water heater, knowing the different types of it is also a significant factor to consider. As such, there are a lot of types of water heaters available in the market today, and some of it is the following:
● Storage tank heaters. It is the most common type of water heater.
● Tankless heaters. A type of water heater that uses coils to heat, rather than storing it.
● Heat pump heaters. This type of water heater is best in warm and dry areas as it uses the heat from the air to heat water.
● Solar water heaters. A water heater that captures the heat of the sun and then transfers the heat to an antifreeze-like fluid in a closed-loop system which makes hot water.
● Condensing water heaters. A water heater with a conventional water heater tank.
The types of water heaters mentioned above are the most common. For more information about water heaters, you can visit sites like Gstore.
Hot water is one of our essentials in our daily living, most likely during the winter season. That is why it is necessary to have a water heater at home. Thus, purchasing the best heater can be so overwhelming for typical persons like us. Hence, the tips above can be a great reference for you to choose the best water heater for your home.