If you are looking for a surface that you can use to get quality woodwork and routing job, the Bosch RA1171 cabinet-style router table is ideal for you. It has been designed in such a manner that it can work with different routers and it can also be mounted on any type of work bench.
This router table is well-known for precision and being versatile, which makes it an essential asset in your workshop. Due to its versatile nature, you can be able to use it on different woodworking projects. The cabinet-style design makes the dust collection system quite effective.
There is a tall aluminum fence and this will make it possible to support longer wood pieces since the MDF places can be adjusted. This will also enhance the support and provide a smooth operation. There is a noise reduction system that will make the work environment conducive.
- The Bosch RA1171 cabinet-style router table weighs only 42 pounds, which means that you can easily move around with it. It has dimensions of 4.8 x 27 x 24.2 inches and this does not occupy too much space.
- The dust collection system fits perfectly in the cabinet, which may also be used as additional storage. It does not have any batteries since it uses direct power to run. The miter gauge measures ¾ x 3/8 inches, which will enhance the precision that it provides.
- The metal legs will provide sturdy support for this router table during the cutting process.
- The manufacturer provides a warranty that covers a period of one year and will also give a 30-day money back guarantee.
- The Bosch RA1171 cabinet-style router table Bosch RA1171 cabinet-style router table has a very tall aluminum fence has adjustable MDF face plates, which makes it possible to handle tall wood pieces.
- The router table has 2 dust collection ports, which are ideal for the common 2-1/2 inch vacuum hoses.
- The cabinet included in this table will provide some additional storage in your workshop.
- The Bosch RA1171 cabinet-style router table has a permanent aluminum router mounting plate. This stays flat so as to enhance precision and accuracy.
- You can work with a number of routers on this router table. It is compatible with most of the Bosch routers.
- It runs on a dual outlet power switch, which has a cord that measures 6 feet.
- There is a set of 3 mounting plate insert rings and 2 adjustable featherboards.
See Robert Barcus review Bosch RA1171 as video below to explore all features of this product .
Who Is The Bosch RA1171 Ideal For ?
The Bosch RA1171 cabinet-style router table has a number of amazing features, which make it versatile and suitable for most people. If you are a professional woodworker or you just enjoy woodworking projects as a hobby, this is a great machine to have. If you own a wood router, you will certainly enjoy using it on this router table.
- The Bosch RA1171 cabinet-style router table has quite a number of benefits, with its accuracy and ability to work with a number of routers being a great benefit. You do not have to buy a new working bench to use with this router table, as it may perfectly fit.
- The Bosch 1617EVS is a router that has the capacity to provide variable speeds and works perfectly with this router table.
- The router will deliver quality cuts since it has a system, which monitors and maintains the rotations per minute. This provides consistency in the routing process and as a result accuracy is achieved.
- The Bosch RA1171 cabinet-style router table has 2 dust collection ports, which will make the extraction of dust effective.
- There is an accessory slot which will accept the miter gauge, featherboards and other additional accessories.
- You do not have to worry about the tall wood pieces since the tall aluminum fence with the adjustable MDF plates supports these tall pieces.
- The firm aluminum router mounting plate is pre-drilled so as to allow it to accommodate various routers.
- This router table has a one year warranty and a 30 day money back guarantee.
Installation and Maintenance Guide
Here are the simple steps to follow so as to install this router table:
- Start by setting up the place where you want to install your table router and attach the metal legs.
- Connect the switch to the fascia and ensure that the holes are aligned to the front side of the fascia panel.
- Put together the tall aluminum fence and attach the adjustable MDF face plates.
- Fit in the rigid router plate, which will allow you to add your router to the router table and then start your wood work.
It is advisable to refer to the manual that comes with this machine so as to get the best results in your cutting projects.
Maintenance Guide of RA1171
- Just like any other machine, the Bosch RA1171 cabinet-style router table will require frequent maintenance so to function properly.
- You should always clean all the different parts as instructed in the manual.
- Lubricate the moving parts and check to ensure that all screws and nuts are tightly screwed in place.
- Clean the dust collection system to prevent the machine from clogging.
- You can get a technician or use your warranty for major repairs.
Several people have expressed their disappointment in regards to the Bosch RA1171 cabinet-style router table. This is due to a number of faults and the poor quality of the router table.
However, a good number love the versatility and precision of the router table and have highly rated it. It is an excellent machine for both amateurs and professionals alike, it would, certainly be worth your money as it embraces state-of-the-art technology, through its features.