An electric grill allows not only frying meat but also steaming veggies, pancakes, toasts, eggs, etc. Today, most manufacturers of household appliances have this type of devices in their product line. They can be used both indoors and outdoors. How to choose the right electric grill for your home in 2019, and which has the best quality-price ratio? Read this article to find out.
To begin with, let’s get to grips with the existing varieties of electric grills and decide which one is for everyday use. So, according to grill faq blog, a modern range of appliances can include the following modifications:
- Open, covered, and universal. In the first case, the cooking surface is over the infrared heating element. Covered models are often a press which allows you to cook a dish as in a standard oven. Universal electric grills can be both open and covered at the same time, so you can choose the most optimal type of cooking.
- Contact and non-contact. I believe, it’s clear that in the first case, the food touches the heating element, and in the second case it doesn’t (e.g. rotates on a rotisserie).
- Portable and stationary. Portable electric grills can be used in trips, camping, fishing, etc. Due to their compact size and low weight, they can be transported even in hand. Stationary devices can be floor or tabletop standing. We recommend this option for home use in a large family circle.
- Metal or glass-ceramic surface, cast-iron cooking grids. The second type is the easiest to clean but due to its fragility, it is not often chosen. A more reliable and durable option is a metal non-stick surface which also has an optimal price, as well as cast iron cooking grids.
- The housing is made of plastic or stainless steel. Stainless steel is, of course, better, as it is more long-lasting and durable.
So we have sorted out the existing types of electric grills, and now let’s get to choosing a cheap but good electric grill in 2019. To buy quality equipment and avoid overpaying, consider the following recommendations:
Temperature controller. Should be on the housing and allow you to smoothly adjust the heating temperature for each dish, depending on the recipe.
An electric grill should, preferably, be equipped with a light indicator that will display the power on. But most models have it.
The higher the output, the better it will work. The optimum value for cooking steaks and other meat dishes is over 2 kW.
Keeping-food-warm function. If you can find such a model, this will be just great, as in this case, if guests are late, you can still have hot steaks while waiting for them.
Removable tray. Otherwise, it will take a lot of time and effort to wash the electric grill after BBQ.
Covered type is best to avoid smoke while grilling meat. In an open model, all fat drips on a heating element which causes smoke to appear.
Ribbed surfaces are uncomfortable to clean, so it is better to opt for simpler cooking surfaces.
Heating panels should be removable. That’s very convenient for cleaning.
If the design includes moving swivel joints, be sure to get this model. In this case, you can cook whole vegetables without chopping them.
If you want to steam food without oil, the coating must be non-stick, otherwise, you won’t be able to make a good meal. Although, in this case, it is better to choose a home multicooker or a steamer which is better to cope with cooking for about the same price.
The electric grill must have overheat protection which will make it fireproof. Usually, all new models have such an addition.
That’s all the main tips that will allow you to choose a good electric grill for your home in 2019.
Best Manufacturers and Models
Last but not least comes a manufacturer. So, the top 7 list of kitchen appliances producers consists of:
- RUSSELL HOBBS
As for the most successful models of these manufacturers, according to various feedbacks on the Internet, the best 5 models in the quality-price ratio are the following:
- Tefal GC306012. Famous for a great meat grilling and ease of use, besides the price is not that high. Comes with non-stick coating and is pretty compact in size.
- RUSSELL HOBBS Family GFX 18870-56. Covered housing type. Has non-stick coating and adjustable feet. Everything you need for a modern portable home grill is in this model. The analog is Russell Hobbs 20850-56.
- Kitfort KT-1405. If you want to choose a non-contact electric grill in 2019, take a look at this model. A lot of positive reviews on the Internet and the low price makes this grill one of the best in its price range. In short, the Kitfort KT-1405 is economical, easy to clean, and grills meat well.
- Maxwell MW-1960 ST. Another inexpensive electric grill which I recommend you choose for home use. Low cost, great output, and convenient design. The only thing that can be attributed to the drawbacks – the electric grill is not very easy to clean.
- GFgril GF-100. For about the same price as the previous models, you can buy a more modern device with LED display and electronic control. Very convenient, there were no complaints about the quality of grilling, besides there is a mechanism of automatic adjustment to the thickness of the meat.
If you have money, I also recommend you pay attention to the following electric grills, which in 2018 received a lot of positive customer feedbacks:
- Tefal Optigrill+ XL GC722D34
- De’Longhi MultiGrill CGH 1030D
- REDMOND SteakMaster RGM-M805
- Kitfort KT-1603
- GFgril GF-170 Profi
Now you have all the necessary recommendations to choose the right type the home appliance for yourself. Don’t forget to check all the features and find your best deal!