I’ve had some large painting projects that I was dreading for weeks and months. I didn’t know how I was going to get it all done with the paintbrush and roller that I had. It seemed like an uphill battle until I thought about investing in a paint sprayer.
The product that I bought is the Graco Magnum X7 HiBoy Cart Airless Paint Sprayer.
” You can see some of the resources that I used to determine that it was the perfect paint sprayer for me at the end of this article “.
When I read through the first three resources, I found out what other people liked and didn’t like about this paint sprayer. This was great to know since some people were doing projects just like mine.
But what really pushed me to buy this product is when I used the Product Selector on the Graco website (Link: http://magnum.graco.com/productselector/ ) . I put in my project type, how many gallons it would use ? and how many projects I would have annually ? After entering my information, it recommended that I buy the Graco Magnum 262805 X7 HiBoy Cart Airless Paint Sprayer.
Once I ordered it and used it a couple times, I couldn’t wait to get online and write a review about it to share my experiences!
My Honest Review About Graco Magnum X7
The project that I had to tackle was painting the front patio of my house, the back deck and my large shop in the backyard. The PushPrime feature ensured that I could get the job done quickly and easily.
I really like that the Power Flush adapter can attach to my water hose as well, so cleaning it up is a breeze afterward! It is so easy to use, and I think it’s the perfect piece of equipment for anyone who wants to save money by doing large-scale painting by themselves rather than hiring a contractor.
What to Expect from the Graco Magnum X7 HiBoy Cart Airless Paint Sprayer
- When I first started researching paint sprayers, I noticed that a lot of them were extremely heavy. But since this one weighs around 26lbs, it’s easy to carry or cart around with ease. And it also comes with a 25-foot hose, so you can move around quite a bit without even having to move the cart!
- It holds a maximum spray tip of .017 and can spray up to 0.31 gallons of paint per minute. If you’re a do-it-yourself person, then this paint sprayer has plenty of power and features that you need to get just about any job done at your house. I’m not sure how it would hold up if you wanted to paint the entire exterior of a large house, but it is perfect for painting interior walls, ceilings, exterior patios, decks and fences.
- Once you really get rolling with this paint sprayer, the job becomes much easier and fun. But paint is messy and can be painful to clean up in most cases. The Graco Magnum X7 HiBoy Cart has a “Reverse-A-Clean” spray tip that can quickly clean up paint clogs that occur during operation. It also includes an adapter that can connect to a water hose to clean up the exterior of the sprayer as well.
- The great thing about this paint sprayer is that it can spray anything from stains to acrylics and heavy latex paints. The only types that it cannot spray include solvent-based lacquer, asphalt, block filler and texture-filled materials. When you use the proper paint that it is designed for, you can expect a nice smooth finish. When they say that it can be used for indoor or outdoor use, they mean it!
- As far as the actual use of the product goes, I also like how you can adjust the pressure. When you have to switch back and forth between low and high pressure spraying, you hardly have to interrupt your rhythm to change it!
- There isn’t a lot of maintenance that you have to do with this sprayer. As long as you clean it after every use and store it in a dry location, you probably won’t have to replace any parts for a few years, depending on how often you use it. But if something does go wrong, you will have the backing of a one-year manufacturer’s warranty. I called Graco’s customer service to talk to them about this paint sprayer and they were extremely helpful, so I know they would be helpful if you had any problems with the sprayer itself!
Downfalls of This Paint Sprayer
- The most difficult thing to get the hang of with this paint sprayer is the amount of overspray that it produces. Even after using it multiple times, I still find myself spraying things that I don’t want to get painted. Because of that, it’s critical that you prepare the workspace thoroughly to prevent it from happening.
- Overall, it puts out paint at a good pace to help you get your job done quickly, but it can be a little annoying with the amount of prep work that you have to do beforehand.
Comparisons to Other Paint Sprayers
If you’re going to compare the Graco X7 Paint Sprayer to other paint sprayers, then you need to make sure you are making a fair comparison.
- A similar airless paint sprayer is the Power-Flo Pro 2800 Airless Paint Sprayer. It has enough power to allow you to paint large projects like a shop or even the exterior of your house.
- In comparison, the Power-Flo Pro 2800 can spray up to .24 gallons of paint per minute, which equates to about five gallons in a span of 20 minutes.
- Where this paint sprayer excels is in the amount of overspray. It is very consistent and precise with its spray patterns, so you won’t have to worry about a lot of overspray.
Overall, it is one of the other paint sprayers that I was considering, but I think the Graco Magnum 262805 X7 beats it slightly in overall usability.
My Honest Recommendation
This is the perfect paint sprayer for people who like to do painting projects on their own. You have to have a little patience when using it at first, but once you get the hang of the power and how to work it in general, then anyone can use it. And the best part about it is that it can handle almost any job that you have at your house, no matter how big or small it is.
For a person who just does occasional paint jobs around the house, I would highly recommend the Graco Magnum X7 HiBoy Cart Airless Paint Sprayer for people who do similar projects. I wouldn’t say that this is the cheapest paint sprayer that you can find, but I would say that the value is pretty good when compared to other models. Once you have it at your house and use it on a couple of projects, you won’t regret buying it at all. In fact, you will probably continue looking for other projects just so you can use it more often! It has everything you would need for a recreational painter, so I suggest that you don’t delay and order yours today!
See more about Airless Paint Sprayer at this article: 3 Best Airless Paint Sprayer Reviews For The Money 2016