Anyone would benefit from having extra income. Fortunately, the Internet has evolved to become a money-making platform that users can run to. There are various ways on how you can make residual income online, and all different in degrees of effort, too.
If you’re looking for online business ideas on top of your full-time job, this article provides four ways on how you can generate income.
1. Generate leads
One of the things that you can do online to generate residual income is to learn the concept of the sales funnel and generating leads. Simply put, your task is to generate leads for specific companies, businesses, or brands that they can turn into customers. Lead generation is a crucial step for businesses to be able to get sales.
Lead generation is something you can do on the side, and you can even shift to full-time as you master it. Sites like https://www.journalreview.org/ can provide coaching so that you can get started. Here are a few tips:
- Know the target audience of who you’re generating leads for.
- Take advantage of social media.
- Offer relevant and valuable content.
- Put a careful plan and thought into promotional methods before doing them.
2. Build websites
A website is now crucial to many entrepreneurs and business, big or small. It ranges from being an online portfolio to an e-commerce store, depending on their kind of business. Building websites is also another idea for you to have residual income, and it doesn’t require a huge capital.
Additionally, technology is making a lot of things easier, and you can now build websites without any technical background. You can take one or two of the online free web development courses and even be certified so that you can jumpstart your small business.
To get started:
- Tell your friends and family that you’re building websites. You’ll never know who can refer you for some work.
- Know and master your platform. WordPress is highly recommended even for not very tech-savvy individuals.
- Look into reliable hosting servers with affordable prices. Some hosting sites give discounts or promotions if you build more than one site with them.
- Build a website that will serve as your portfolio to showcase what you can do and attract clients.
- Continue to learn as you go. Not everything will be mastered at once, and this includes building websites.
3. Sell your designs
If you have skills that lean into the arts, selling your designs online can be one good way of earning residual income. Designing isn’t something that everyone can do, so you can leverage your talent by doing it for others who can’t. It can be anything from greeting cards, calendars, book covers, t-shirt prints, and promotional posters, to name a few.
There are different ways on how you can do it too – you sell them as your own brand, on an e-commerce platform where buyers can download it, or for other websites to use. Here are some ideas:
- Build a website that serves both as an online portfolio and an e-commerce store.
- Be a seller on Amazon, eBay, or Etsy if you don’t want your own website.
- Look for websites that pay royalties for your designs when they are used for their products like phone cases, mugs, and shirts. Such sites include CafePress, Redbubble, Threadless, and Zazzle.
- Besides ready-made designs, you can accept orders for customization.
- Utilize highly visual websites, such as Instagram and Pinterest, to market your products.
Social media is one of the best innovations in the digital age. If you’re an avid fan of social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Pinterest, use that to earn you some money. Entrepreneurs and businesses are always looking for ways to up their marketing through social media, and they need the help of those who breathe this language to help them out.
If you’re up to date with the trends and features of these platforms and more, then you’re an excellent fit for this role. While they take care of other aspects of their business, you take care of their social media marketing. As a social media consultant:
- Understand your client’s business and target audience.
- Take care of creating and developing their social media calendar.
- Find ways to keep their audience engaged through different strategies such as contests, promos, comments, and replies.
- You should be able to determine which methods work and which don’t through analytics provided by the platform or third-party sites.
The Internet has opened many ways on how you can have residual income and become fantastic with money this year. Listed above are only four of the many things that you can do. Focus on what you think you’re good at, hone your skill, and master it so that you can launch an online business. There are endless opportunities in this digital age; you only need to grab them.