In a time where everything around you is fast-paced, it’s understandable that you want to have a peaceful retreat and relax. A spa day would be a good idea for the ultimate “me-time” or some boyfriend-girlfriend bonding. However, frequent spa visits can be expensive, or the trips can be
Instead of focusing on these circumstances that hinder you from getting that well-deserved relaxation, you can turn your home into a spa. You won’t have to leave the comforts of your home, and it’s going to be so much cheaper. Here are five creative ways to turn your home into a spa.
1. Tidy up
One of the characteristics of any spa is that it’s peaceful. You won’t see a spa that’s full of clutter. Decluttering your home is crucial because you’ll get rid of the items that are distracting you. You’ll have a more serene space when following suggestions such as these:
- Let go of the things that you haven’t been using for the past year. Donate them or hold a garage sale.
- Remove items that are not used daily by placing them in storage boxes.
- Think of how a spa would arrange and organize bottles, jars, and towels, and mimic them in your home.
- Pick a calmness corner, whether it’s in your living room, home office, or bedroom, where you can simply lounge and relax.
2. Care for your air
Another key factor in spas is that the air is clean and fragrant. It makes you want to close your eyes, breath in deeply, and calm your mind. When you care for your air at home, you’re achieving a space that can mimic the ambiance of a spa.
Here are some ideas to achieve this at home:
- Invest in a quiet dehumidifier. Humidifiers can help lessen bacteria in the air and decrease health risks caused by airborne viruses. You can look into dehumidifier reviews to see which suits you best.
- Add aromatherapy. The sense of smell connects to the brain control center for memories and emotions and also affects the balance of stress levels, heart activity, and blood pressure. Scents like eucalyptus, chamomile, jasmine, and lavender can help you relax, whether through a diffuser or spray.
- Use scented candles. If you’re looking for more than fragrance, scented candles can add some mood lighting, too.
3. Mind the lights
One of the things that can improve your home quickly is lighting. The lack or excess of lighting can significantly impact the mood of your home. If you want to turn your home into a spa, you must ensure that you have the proper lighting for both day and night.
A few things that you can consider are:
- Natural light. Natural light has been seen to improve sleep patterns and overall physical health, so consider bringing in natural light as much as possible by hanging translucent curtains on your windows.
- Use a dimmer. If you prefer lesser light for your spa time, especially after a long day of work, install a dimmer. This will create a more relaxing vibe in your spa room than when you have harsh lighting.
- Utilize the fireplace or candlelight. There is also a soothing effect with candlelight or the fireplace that can help transform your home into a spa. However, remember safety precautions with these options at all times.
4. Have soothing sounds
Sounds also have a way of affecting your mood. If you notice, spas play acoustic tunes or sounds of nature, or they may have waterworks like waterfalls or bubbly fountains. It’s essential that you hear calming sounds if you want to have a relaxing home spa.
There are many options to achieve this, and a few are:
- Play acoustic sounds from your playlist or favorite music app. Don’t choose songs that you’re familiar with or can sing along too so that your mind can zone out.
- Buy a chic portable speaker to play soothing sounds from.
- If you live in a location that has a lot of outdoor noise, consider buying noise-reduction curtains.
5. Choose the right accessories
Small details are also vital when turning your home into a spa. The right accessories will make you feel pampered even in the comfort of your home. Think about what you see in a spa and get similar items.
Some examples are:
- Fluffy bathrobes and cotton towels. Soft materials that touch your skin have calming effects on your body. You can be in a comfortable robe for hours in your home spa with no judgment.
- Hot tea or detox water. Put some lemon or cucumber in your water or drink tea to make you feel more relaxed.
- Houseplants. They can bring in a touch of nature in your home.
There are times when you’d like a much-needed relaxation day and pampering. Follow the creative tips above so that you’ll experience spa-like treatment in your own home every day. You won’t have to drive far or spend much because you can get your serenity in your comfort zone.